Wednesday, February 16, 2022

The Cleaning Lady - part 2

 She came, she cleaned & I managed to dirty only 3 things before she came back this time. My gawd that girl is a whiz.

 She's decided to clean the fridge next. I'm so glad it isn't that bad. My pal Ron hauled everything out after Christmas & tossed most of it. I even wiped the shelves before he put them back so it isn't too terrible except for the crispers that get backed up .  .  .  but I'm buying fewer things more often now so it doesn't go bad on me. 

One of the big problems is that I have to cook or get things going in the morning before I get tired or I don't cook dinner at all. By 5, I'm too tired to chop, peel & dice. More & more of my evening meals are light with a large late lunch. I am not a breakfast eater at all so it works out. And since I do like oatmeal, I often have oatmeal & dried fruit for dinner. I love it. Thank gawd for the microwave!! Slow cooker chilli for tomorrow I think . . . . .

She also cooks. She brought me two skewers of Philippine BBQ pork. Was soooo good! I ordered 10 of them. Two or three with a salad or veggies on the side will make a really nice meal. Mike put his order in too. I think we'll keep her.

The cat left me a gift by the back door last night. I didn't find it until I stepped on it as I turned on the kitchen light - yup, a big, fat mouse. She didn't even eat any of it. Guess the processed food in the food dish is so much better that raw mouse just isn't the same anymore.

Knitting - two more wash cloths down half a cone of yarn to go. I wanted to knit some gloves - I fell in love with that Knitty pattern - Handspan - and finally found the yarn to cast on. It's called - Frog Fight - florescent green with dark splotches, if you can imagine! When I find my damn camera, I'll include pictures.

Found my Chicken Bag, above, with needles & half a sock inside on Monday. Someone stuffed it into a box of kitchen supplies when I moved. Now if I can only find the other ball of yarn .  .  .  .

No comments: