Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Changes

 Just had my last weekly blood test!! It isn't my last test, just changed to monthly now instead of weekly. I am rather glad since they always seem to manage to start the day with me! I admit it isn't as bad as the early ones in hospital - one morning they woke me at 4:45 to take my blood!!! - but I still have to be up, dressed, washed & civil to someone at 8:00 AM when I don't often go to bed until 2:00 & still manage to get up to pee before 6:00. I can't go back to bed after because I'm UP with eyes Wide Open. I'll probably end up passing out in the recliner after lunch .  .  . So, I guess it's time to start a pot of soup.

The Soup of the Day will be Italian Soup with Tortellini. Baby Spinach chopped coarsely will be the green veg & I might sneak in a handful of Beluga Lentils for fun. I love this tomato based soup because it's easy to make, can be 'brothy' with less pasta & fewer greens or 'thick' with more. It's a great way to use up zucchini or that bag of greens that has to be used NOW. And it fills the house with fragrance as it simmers all afternoon.

The weather is changing & I'll have to turn on the furnace soon. I almost miss the heat. Time to dig the long pants out of the closet & get my butt into the car once more. I've missed my Coffee with three milk .  .  . 

Knitting - decided I needed some wristers or Cuffs to keep my hands warm. They actually DO work. Dug out my old Bamboo Skewer needles - I've made a lot of socks on those - and a stray ball of "Sock It To Me" to make them ASAP. My fingers have been hurting & do so even more when they get cold so I'm hoping these will solve the problem for now. Then I'm knitting a cowl that covers my shoulders. More on that later.

No comments: