Friday, September 01, 2023

I Got a Rat


Yup, I got a Rat.
Ron came by with some 'Sticky Feet' pads for rats. They're HUGE. They're the size of a small bathmat! While I'm not crazy about the sticky pads, they do work when the rodents get too smart for traps. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Apparently they're now also armed with something really enticing to rodents in a patch in the middle too. It only took one night to get results. Rattie was firmly attached & became even more so when I rolled that mat up with him inside. Ron came by, took everything away & left a new pad. 

Catching a rodent is a lot of excitement in my world these days!! I've been working on more mundane things like getting up & down more often, standing longer, getting up out of my chair more often & trying to move more. At least until I start to get short of breath! It's not the moving that I'm bad at, it's the drop in O2 that gets me. 

Today I want to start walking up & down the ramp in front of my house. My house O2 line reaches almost to the bottom of the ramp so I don't have to haul a tank & cart just to go outside. I don't want to kill myself!! But, I do want to drive again. It's just too damned inconvenient trying to get to a medical appointment when I have to juggle O2, a walker & quickly running out of air. Since I have to move the equipment myself even in a taxi, I might just as well drive myself. It also lets me bring an extra tank which is impossible with a taxi. You should see the 'Official' Gobbledegook I have to sign & submit to get transport with oxygen to an appointment!!! I don't know what I'll do if I can't drive anymore!! But I won't worry about that just yet. I'm pretty damned feeble these days but hopefully I can improve that somewhat .  .  .  .

Knitting - Still knitting some cotton washcloths. I decided to knit them for the boys for Christmas this year. I bought a hellova lot of cones on sale some time ago in variegated light green/white & yellow/white - I love both color combos because they're so fresh. And I like my washcloths BIG. I always have. So, I thought I'd make everyone a couple of them this year. I'm also making Wrist Warmers for myself out of some of my sock leftovers. I love them & they really DO keep hands warmer!! I need that. As long as my hands, feet & knees are warm, the rest of me is just fine.


No comments: