Monday, August 28, 2023

I Have a Rat

I thought I had a mouse or two & my buddy Ron set up some traps. We used peanut butter as the treat - Ron traps a lot of them in the old apartment building he still works at & peanut butter is the lure of  choice. I prefer the trap to the 'Sticky Feet' pad since the last pad I had caught the cat & ME. Nasty things to get off your feet!!! 

MY critters prefer imported, Italian pasta! They found the cupboard with all the little bags in a plastic tray & ate their way silently through multiple bags. Every single bag was empty!!! It was my own fault since I put them into a tray - my niece bought a whole bunch of them when she helped me organize my kitchen. They fit nicely on the shelf & I can pull them out without dropping, get what I need & then push them back easily. Nice idea when you have a cat or dog but not good when you have rodents.

So Ron set all the traps & they all got sprung. And someone gorged on peanut butter - probably as an appetizer before hitting the pasta. We just scratched our heads & tried again. 

Then I saw it. A BIG FAT Rat. Rattie sits up & looks at me when I move or yell. I'm sure he's well aware that the house could burn down before I could make it out of my chair to whack him with my cane! I think he waits until I go to bed before coming out to eat pasta. He makes no noise & hasn't even been in the garbage. Just the pasta.

Ron says he has bigger traps at work .  .  .  .  .


No comments: