Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Hospital Summer

 Home again. I just got back from the Hospital again. I tell you, I've spent waaay too much time laying about the bloody hospital this summer! This time around I never left the Emergency department. There were so many of us in there that the Hospital opened a new\old ward way in the back to get some of us out of the corridors. We ended up in the closed old wards used for storage. We had little new equipment - not even curtains on the windows - but the beds were much better than stretchers in the halls. Since I was on O2 & lasix to make me pee, I got a choice corner with a toilet. It must've been designed for an RV because it came in a one piece unit with a sink up top & a toilet in the cupboard below that swung out, into the room. Of course it was too low! We had to plant a commode, with no pottie, over the top so I could get on & off by myself. I had to be careful though because they had to keep borrowing my commode for other patients that couldn't walk to the bathroom .  .  .  .

Since we had no curtains, they brought in a whole lot of folding screens. What fun. Everyone in the place knew every time I used my little toilet! We were relatively well behaved even though there seemed to be a party going on across the hall with all the guys who could get up & leave their beds. 

Lucky for me, I only spent 5 days on the ward this time. I screwed up my medication - probably why I ended up in for a month the last time - which caused my legs to swell up once more! I now know WHY that happens & I won't have that problem again. I've been taking the medication for THREE years & no one told me that it had a working life of 5 hours. There's nothing in the literature about it either. But now I know. I was taking my doses too far apart to work.

So I'm back home waiting for the Nurse to come & take my blood - they do it once a week to regulate my blood thinner. I am having another session with the O2 Therapist on Friday to regulate my O2. I want my old valve system back so I can get out in my car again instead of being trapped at home with tanks that only last for 66 minutes!!

I am seriously hoping to be able to get out to the Mcdonald's drive through for a good coffee before the leaves fall off the trees .  .  .  . 

Knitting - what knitting??? I was smart enough to take my extension cord, all of the chargers, Lara bars, my own pee pads, Wet ones, toothbrush, mascerateable cloths, spare shorts & tee for sleeping, phone, ebook, radio/earplugs, Silicone creme, Nourishing Creme & Puffers to get me through. I had nowhere to put knitting.

No comments: