Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Fool & her Money!


Well . . . one of my clients paid me with PayPal again this year!! I do love having PayPal money. It's kind of like having secret money all to yourself that no one else knows about. And it's been burning a hole in my pocket. I did want some books but I went to eBay instead. Big Mistake. Maybe. I accidentally bid on a skein of recycled Rayon instead of the Recycled Silk below it. I only bid a penny - I know, I'm sooooo cheap - didn't think I'd ever get it but BONG! It was mine. I ended up with 5 skeins of recycled, overspun Rayon. Oh well, I have to admit, the colors are gorgeous & I'm hoping it will all turn out to be okay. This stuff is apparently spun the same way as recycled Sari Silk so, I'm planning to release some of the twist, redraft it & re-spin it. I'm looking forward to getting this even if it did start out as a mistake!

And then I bid on the recycled Sari Silk - & ended up with 10 skeins or 2.2 lbs of it. Apparently, its coming all the way from the factory in Bangaledesh. I have plans for the silk. Remember that little sweater that was knit in rainbow colors ?? It's actually designed for recycled Sari Silk! One side is knit from the hem up to the shoulder & the other side is knit from the centre body out to the cuff of the sleeve.

I swatched & swatched, hemmed & hawwed & just couldn't get my head around using my Arvik for this sweater even though Arvik deserves a truly wonderful sweater pattern to show off her lovely colors. And I want a simple pattern too. I just haven't found the right one yet. Maybe Arvik will just become an ordinary, basic cardigan in a simple lace pattern or something light & airy in a Farose style shawl instead. But, in the meantime, I thought I'd try re-spinning some sari silk. I think I can afford to do a little experimenting. And, if it all goes to hell - well, I can always knit a wild sock-knitting bag!!

I rushed out this morning to do some paid work & noticed a whole pile of buds ready to pop on my second clematis. When I got home two hours later - this is what I found!!! The whole right hand trellis is full of big, fat, furry buds in this pink color. Last year, they were a very light purple but this year, they've become much pinker. I'm beginning to wonder what the third clematis will look like. It had tiny white flowers with a green stripe down the petals last year - rather pale & insipid to tell the truth but this one with the hot pink flowers was pale & inspid too. Mmmmmmmmm . . . . can't wait.

No comments: