Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm in love with a Wallaby

I finally joined the Langley Spinners & Weavers Guild. I've been meaning to join for several years but just never got there - I have no idea where the time goes after I make these decisions, it just goes! One of the members wears a knitted hooded sweatshirt with a pouch. I keep looking at it & touching it - she knit two of them for herself out of cotton yarn - I think it would look great in wool but this sweater needs to be washable. It's the sort of thing you want to throw on for any casual activity & it would get a LOT of wear. Doris says she wears hers everywhere, constantly! Last weekend I finally got the pattern - it's called a 'Wallaby' and it starts at a size 2 & goes to XXL or something like that. I found a couple of balls of Bernat Aspensoft - 80% acrylic, 20% wool - Thought I'd knit it up in a size 2, just to see how it goes. I like the Aspensoft. I've knit boot socks with it in the past & liked working with it. I've knit with the Bernat Ragg yarn too but I don't like the little 'bits' it sheds as you knit. Neither do my lungs!!

Looks like winter has come early. It's cool, blustery & the kind of damp that penetrates your bones. Good knitting weather I guess, and most definitely wool weather! I have to finish knitting my Arvik sweater although I suspect it needs more stitches in the front & I'm not sure how I feel about it at the moment. I've decided to finish it, huddle with my crafty friends & see what they think. It won't take that long to reknit if they agree with me - but it would be nice NOT to redo it right now, especially since I added sleeves!! And I have the purple 'Ginny' sweater to finish. It's a lot heavier than Arvik - certainly more colorful too. And then I have the half-finished jacket from the Dawn French book, Big Knits to finish! In screaming fuchsia! I do love bright colors! Hmmmm - I wonder what the Wallaby would look like in fuchsia??? I suppose I really must learn to finish one project before going off on a tangent with another but who, out there, is without UFOs??

No comments: