Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Happy April Fools Day!

When I got up this morning, it was snowing. Isn't this supposed to be SPRING?? Flowers, bees, little birds, cut offs & tees??? Not Snow! Is this a global warming joke?? Is David Suzuki having one on us??? It's hard to believe the Global Warming Doomsayers when it's snowing o
n April 1st.

In deference to the temperature, I've started another WOOL sweater. I have tons of the Briggs & Little Anniversary BLUE yarn so I thought I'd might as well knit my
self another sweater. ME ME ME!!!! It's all about ME. Gawd I'm turning into a greedy Domiknitrix lately, aren't I??? I'd like a Wonderful Wallaby but I don't think it would be terribly flattering to my menopausal protruding stomach. I've fallen for a cabled & moss stitched cardigan in the new Arans & Celtics book I bought but I think its a little too fussy for the aforementioned protuberance so I've decided to knit a sweater in the style of the Celtic cardigan with a plain stockinette back, side vents & a cable up the front with a moss stitch yoke. Sounds complicated?? Nahhh . . . . I think the moss stitch will also go up the fronts with a cable on either side - at least thats the current plan. I'll pick up the sleeve stitches & knit them down to the cuff after I finish the body. I'm using garter stitch on the hems, vents & sleeve bottoms.
I was trying out a ca
ble pattern from one of my old Knitter's magazines without success - some of the pattern is missing! But, I believe I can recreate something similar. The cable has a plain & two fancy stitch branches - it's so gorgeous as it marches up the front of an otherwise plain jane sweater!! I think it would be a wonderfully elegant addition to the plain Wallaby!
Soooooo many ideas & so little time . . . . . .

Was looking at the Sock Summit website - I soooooo wish I could go but an elderly cat & finances keep me at home. All I can give is my support, SOB. I suppose I could kill the cat but unless I win
the lottery or someone dies & leaves me money, I'm stuck at home anyway. The best I can do is a weekend Retreat this year. And I suppose the money I save by NOT going will buy a lot of sock yarn. Speaking of socks - I'm down to the toe shaping on the socks that I started in January for my mom. I have no idea why these are taking so long - sock block??? All I know is that I will be soooooo glad to have them finished & off my favorite bamboo skewer needles!!! I have some purple yarn on hold at Knitopia that I want to knit up into Summer Socks for ME.

No comments: