Thursday, February 13, 2014

Almost a Week In

So, the projects are coming along quite nicely. It's been a while since I knitted a Wonderful Wallaby but it's a very short Learning Curve. Gotta keep the 'little grey cells' working - as Poirot so often points out. My 'little grey cells' have been laying stagnant for the last couple of months but are now back in full gear. Not only am I taking an on-line E-course in Botany, but it's tax season, I'm knitting like a fiend for the Ravellenics & doing masses of data entry while I listen to Linda Fairstein's Alex Cooper audio books. Yeah, I'm addicted. I don't know what I'd do without my Audio Books when I'm pounding on the computer so much. I've become a Murder/Thriller listener but will admit to downloading a new book in the Star Wars genre. Han Solo is young again - Harrison Ford will always be Han Solo - and he's off to new adventures after blowing up the Deathstar. He still owes money to Jabba the Hutt & is still running from the bounty hunters with Chewbacca. I believe the series is called Scoundrels & there will be several books. Just a fun change from death, detectives & destruction .  .  .


My Wonderful Wallabies are coming along nicely but they may be too big for the little boys. I know they'll grow but it's nice to have something fit NOW too. I'm hoping they're just too long. You can always fold up the sleeves & wear it too long. It's a Hoodie after all.

It was like Christmas last night at my knitting night. I traded sock yarn that had lost it's bloom for sock yarn that brightens my day. She was happy with my old stuff & I have more of my favorite Kroy Sock. It's thicker than a lot of sock yarn out there but when it's cold in my basement, it's the only sock yarn I want. Love the stuff.

The Pink Frankensocks are moving right along too. I found a little more yarn with some pink in it plus a lovely lavender leftover to add to the mix. My dental Assistant is gonna glow in the dark when she puts these suckers on! I can't wait to go to the Dentist again.



No comments: