Saturday, April 18, 2015


After surviving the birthday, I am now counting down to the first Old Age Pension check. I made a smart remark about probably not needing it by the time it showed up & I believe it's come back to haunt me. I've been practically a BagLady for the last year & a half  since my school closed down. So, it's been great to have several of my old clients hear through the grapevine that I'm back in the home office. One called from Prince George on Wednesday. I know the world has become a small place with technology but, I don't often do bookkeeping for a guy 600 miles away, but what the heck. And I got a call from Campbell River - on Vancouver Island - about some work for another old client. The latest though, may turn into a regular part time job. I did a software setup for a small business several years ago & I've been asked to drop in for a chat. Apparently they need a bookkeeper.

So, it seems life goes on, no voice, gimpy leg 'n' all. 

And what's on the needles??? Socks as usual - winter socks in blue, green & red above. I have another pair in the very same colorway. Since my basement doesn't have a subfloor, that tiled cement gets really cold most of the year - even with shoes on - so I usually wear WINTER socks in the house!! On the right are some of the KROY 4ply I scarfed - some for my birthday - thanx Jenn, and some as a Before gift - you know, take this before I toss it!!! The balls with PINK in them are next on my sock list. I need some Pink.
If I remember correctly, about this time LAST year I was bemoaning the lack of Summer Socks in my rapidly expanding sock bin. But, I just keep squeezing the latest balls of Kroy 4 ply .  .  .  .  maybe it's time to get out the left-overs bag & make FrankenSummerSocks. I want PINK & PLUM in my summer socks. Maybe even some Neons! Gee, Maybe I can afford to BUY a few balls this year????


 

No comments: