Thursday, May 07, 2015

Slowing Down Time

One of the problems of the 'Feast or Famine' lifestyle I am now living is that things get forgotten when I try to do several month's work in a few weeks. Everyone is in a hurry to get something done two days before a deadline. And it's not that they didn't know there was a deadline - most of them include the warning letter with the paperwork. It's just that they didn't have the time to get here, are too afraid to open the brown envelope, didn't realize it was THAT important or just didn't care because I always take care of it when I get it. So other things suffer. Like my laundry. Or the dishes.

Today I thought I'd make a slow-cooker chili. Something with meat & beans & all the sad & lonely leftovers in my fridge. Something with spice in it that cooks itself. Apparently, sometime in the previous month, I started to cook something in the slow-cooker & got side tracked. I'm not sure it even got turned on. But, like an Alien, curled up & nicely hidden in a corner until you stand next to it, it exploded in my face with a mountain of spores, to incubate new life in my body, when I lifted the lid this A.M.

Tonight, I shall be eating out.

2 comments:

Louisa said...

Oh yuck! Don't blame you for eating out. On my side, I have 2 indigo vats I could share. I think one is dead but the other one could have some blue left. Care for Smurf-hands?

Sharon in Surrey said...

It's been a looooong time since I played with indigo. Back in the 70s, if I remember correctly. And I think I have lots of yarn spun up too. Are you serious???