Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Doing nothin' at all

I'd like to say I've been celebrating the end of Tax Season by knitting day & night on a new project. And I'd like to say I've been outside on the patio in all this wonderful "summer" weather, Spinning. I'd like to say that but I can't. Because I haven't. And quite frankly, I haven't done a damn thing with fibre lately except eat it. I just can't get excited about a project. And I've been waiting for the GREEN yarn for the Niece project.

So what HAVE I been doing?? Nada. Well, nothing except finishing my paleontology course, 'Theropod Dinosaurs & the Origin of Birds' and 'Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome'. I have to admit here, on the net, in bold black & white, that I LOVE Dinosaurs!!! What kid doesn't??? The Microbiome course is pretty darned good too - it's amazing the bodily functions that bacteria affect and/or control!!! But, I have to admit, I love the Dinosaur courses the most. And to prove my love I've signed up for the next one, 'Early Vertebrate Evolution'. And then onto 'Ancient Marine Reptiles'. Woohoo  I believe I DID say that I was going to further my education once I retired?? Didn't I?? I AM enjoying it.

The Green yarn is arriving tonight. And then I can get on with the fun little project I chose for my niece. And, I have to find the "almost" finished afghan & complete it for my long time friend, Mike, for his new apartment with only a black leather couch. Mike tells me it will be furnished in black, painted white & accented in red. Yeah Mike, I get the drift, Bad Boy decor. Go for it. I just wonder how popular it will be in the summer heat when that black leather makes you sweat & sticks to your bare skin  .   .   .

No comments: