Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Baby, It's Cold Down Here

My basement is chilly & I've dug out the old woolly sweater & the garter stitch lap blanket I knit last year for my knees when I'm working at my desk. Since I live on cement floors, it feels colder inside than it does outside in the rain. I went out for coffee around lunch time & was surprised at how warm it is out there considering it's grey & dark & wet. The house plants are still thriving outside - the Jade plant is almost black with health & the spiders keep putting out  stalks with babies on the ends in all directions. And there's still a couple of almost red strawberries hanging off the Everbearing plants. It's been a good summer for the ferns too, even the one hanging out of the bottom of the Hen & Chicks basket.

The Woolly Sweatshirt is coming along quickly. I'm almost ready to put the sleeve stitches on a string & move on down the body. I put it all on a l-o-n-g cord to try it on yesterday & tried my best to take a picture. I must be horribly uncoordinated or something because I could NOT get the sweater in the picture without my big hand with the camera in the middle of it. In the end, I took it off, laid it on my messy desk & took a picture of it all stretched out. The color is bad - it's Royal Blue - because it was too dark inside but I got a damn progress picture anyway. Looking forward to wearing this thing, the sooner, the better!!! There's nothing so nice as a warm wool sweater when it's damp & cold. Unless it's a hand spun woolly sweater, of course!!! And I have one of those on the needles as well.

No comments: