Saturday, September 22, 2018

Unsociable Me


I've been a bit of an unsociable hermit lately. Other than going out for coffee - mostly on my own  with my ebook reader - I haven't felt like being nice to anyone. Is this what Old Age is really like??? Am I becoming a Curmudgeon?? Or is this just 'Seasonal' behavior???

Wednesday I broke a whole corner off one of my molars eating cheese on crackers & it left a hellova hole. I ended up knitting socks in the Dentist's office while waiting to get a temporary filling in place after the last patient was done for the day. I have to go back next week for something more permanent! This is also the week that I have to renew my Orange puffer. Between the two of them, they will just about clean out my emergency fund. That's unless the Dentist announces that a CROWN must replace that tooth  .   .   .   I shudder to think about it.

Of course, all of this happened AFTER I ordered more sock yarn at the Knit Picks Felici sale. I bought Goth Kitty & Hopscotch at the last clearance sale & knit 3 pairs of summer socks for myself. Goth Kitty has not been dropped - to my surprise - it's the pinks/purples/greys which I love but this time around, I bought BLUES/greys  -  happy blues!

I thought I got all my mice but there's one little shit left. When I'm in my office, he's there. When I go to bed, he follows me into the bedroom. When I cook, I see him run across the room out of the corner of my eye. Guess he's been here so long he thinks he's a pet. Time to re-arm the sticky traps. All of them. Here mousey  mousey  mousey   .   .   .   .   .

No comments: