Thursday, October 18, 2018

Wasn't That a Party???

Yesterday was such a lovely day that I had the door wide open while I noshed on TWO Egg Mcmuffins & an extra large coffee on my patio around 2:30 in the afternoon. I had plans to go knitting with the Girls for a change - I wanted to show off the Goth Kitty socks, my Vest-in-progress & and yakk my face off for a change. I've been cranky & unfriendly lately so that I haven't even wanted to drive anywhere to see anyone. Not sure what this is all about because once I get there I have a good time .   .   .   but I'd rather spend my days in my sweats, in a comfy chair, with a good book or listening to a good British Murder Mystery while I knit. Oh Gawd, has IT bit me??? Have I become an old Fart??? Maybe. I'm so exciting these days that adventure is the race between the tea pot & the toilet. It's a vicious circle.
But, as I was saying, yesterday I was out on the patio soaking up the rays when an old buddy dropped by with a six pack of cider. Sparkling Cherry cider. One of my favorites, in fact. So much for my daily coffee .   .   .   we popped open a cider instead! It had been ages since I'd had a cider that tasted so good so I had to have another .   .   .   .   yup, there I was, drunk in the mid afternoon. On two ciders. Not quite as bad as my friend who gets drunk on half a cider but close. I had to go to bed. And that was the end of my evening plans. Thanks Neil.  

On the Needles - a couple of pictures of my sock problem. It seems to be a failure of the purple merino. Some of the many plies in the yarn have broken, thinning & weakening the yarn. In some places the yarn just shredded.

I really loved these socks too - I made two pairs of short, summer socks using Deb's Spiral Sock (Cabin Fever) method to make stripey socks out of leftovers. I'm fairly sure I can fix the sock on the right with a crochet hook & darning needle. There's only one hole in the pair. But the purple socks on the left have been frogged back to the heel because there's several holes in both feet so I'll be re-knitting both of them to make sure I've caught all the weak spots. I guess sometimes you just don't have any other choice but to re-knit or toss.






No comments: