Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Crowned in Gold

It's Spooky the way money disappears when you go to the Dentist!!  The broken tooth morphed  .   .   .   .   . My Dentist moaned, groaned, Oh No'd & made clicking noises with his tongue while peering around in my mouth. I could hear the cash register ringing! He muttered to himself!! And answered. I couldn't say a thing until he pulled out his hands & all the hardware, of course. My response was "Crown??" Didn't even ask about a filling after all the moaning. I already had a partial gold crown in there snuggled right next to the broken tooth. And I guess I should've known what was coming. Another of his 'experimental' crowns. I'm a clencher & a tooth grinder. And THIS is the third tooth I've broken off. Since I clench, gold is better for me. It flexes a bit. And it doesn't cost as much as porcelain!! My dentist doesn't grind the whole tooth down to a nub either. He keeps as much of the original tooth as possible & caps only what is necessary. So I guess my new crown will cover the original old filling & the inside corner I knocked off while leaving the whole white front of the tooth. But, I had to promise I wouldn't eat any more Wasa Sourdough or Rye breads.

So the Dentist wiped out my savings. No more yarn for me till after this bill is paid off, that's for sure!!  I was thinking about new glasses for computer work but they will have to wait cause I need winter boots. Someone in the weather department suggested a record snow-fall year ahead. I hope not but snow has been falling already about 4 hours east of here. Good thing I already have my snow tires on.

Remember This??
 Soup weather is definitely here! Good thing my freezer is full to the brim. I ran into a big sale at the beginning of the summer & bought 40 pounds of chicken bones for soup. These are breast bones mainly & there's tons of meat left on them after the breast meat has been removed. I fill medium zip locks with them - just enough for my big dutch oven to simmer into soup with garlic & pepper!! Usually, I get about 4 cups of meat off the bones which goes back into the pot with everything from noodles, carrots & celery to sweet potatoes, curry & chopped greens. I love soup & it sure does keep a body warm in a cold basement!!

On the Needles - Blue socks for a new dental assistant! She loves blues & greens & I just happened to find a bag of sock yarn hanging up under a couple of fleece jackets behind my door. I don't even remember when I bought it or hung it there but there's a good dozen or more balls of sock yarn in the bag & several balls are blues. Hmmmm  TWO of them will be a pair of medium socks for her. You know when you have too much yarn, don't you??? CAN you have too much sock yarn????

No comments: