Sunday, October 28, 2018

No Treats This Week

The great molar repair started early this week. Due to a cancellation, it got started on Wednesday instead of Friday as planned. Who turns down a cancellation?? Not I. I prefer to get it over with. Dentistry is tough with breathing problems, if I'm not wheezing & coughing then I'm choking on all that water they use when drilling. Gah, I feel sorry for my Dentist but I guess he gets even when it's time to pay!!  I'll be knitting another pair of socks for his new Assistant who saved me 1500 or so bucks on this last visit too!! While he was prepping my new tooth for the gold 'onlay' she noticed my old one on the next tooth was funny. Turned out that it was loose & had food under it!! Horrors! It cost me $700 about 8 years ago when I was on my company dental plan & we had to fight tooth & nail for it at the time. I don't even want to think about what it would cost me THIS time around if I'd lost or swallowed it. I only know I'd be using a Pottie & a strainer until I found it!!!

Luckily for my blood pressure & pocket book, she spotted it, he was able to reattach it & prep for the new one all at the same time. Damn good thing I took the cancellation mid-afternoon - there was no one after me - because my one hour appointment turned into 3.5 hours with my mouth open!!! The freezing wouldn't take thanks to my medication. They choked me nicely a couple of times with the water they needed to cool the drill & the new assistant shot a perfect cold stream straight under my bib, through my cleavage & into my belly button when I coughed. We all needed a drink when it was over, lemmie tell ya. I went straight home, took two Extra Strength Tylenols & went to bed. My jaws, neck & shoulders are still tender on Saturday so I haven't even been out for a coffee. And I used to be a white knuckle patient until I got this Dentist. Hahaha


Knitting - The second pair of Goth Kitty short summer socks are finished & on my feet.  I love them. The pink scrappy socks with the holes are on the needles now. I tore them back to the heel shaping - no purple yarn there, only in the foot, thank gawd! I decided to tear them both out so that I get rid of the purple totally - just a precaution in the second sock but I don't want to have to repair it again. The next pair will be Felici again - probably one of the nice blue colorways, I think there's one called Lakeview or something like that that I really liked.
Now I'm sure I ordered about a dozen balls of Felici during the last clearance sale at Knit Picks when it first went on sale but I'm damned if I can find them. I remember filling my basket full of all the tropical colors especially in blues. But I can't find it. It's not like I NEED more sock yarn because I have tons of it but I may be having a Senior moment. Either it came & I put it away somewhere or I changed my mind & didn't order it at all & have forgotten. Or maybe I did order it & it went to Gail's house or Molly got it. Do the yarn trolls come when you go to bed??? or the Mice?? Is this how Dementia starts??? How can you lose sock yarn???


No comments: