Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Coffin Crisp is all Mine

Hallowe'en was a NO SHOW in my neighborhood. I didn't see one single child on the street going door to door!! I admit I AM in an ethnic neighborhood with fewer & fewer young children every year, most are teens & twenty somethings going to school or work but still living at home. So, I wasn't surprised that no one came to my door but I didn't see anyone anywhere!! No one was interested in treats, only fireworks. The young men in the neighborhood usually spend an hour or so on every major holiday blowing off bombs, even in the pouring rain!! So, I guess that's it except for Diwali, tonight!! The skies are supposed to clear so it should be a fireworks lover's perfect weather. It should be quiet out there, except for Diwali, until New Years .   .   .   .

I totally missed the 'Turning Back' of the clocks last night too. I don't bother with TV any more, quit reading the paper when it turned into mush & only have the radio on in the car these days .   .   .   .   man, I'll probably miss the end of the world at this rate! I guess I gotta get out more often. LOL  What do I listen to??? Audio books quite often, especially when I work doing data entry. And I've been on YouTube a lot watching old British series like "TIME TEAM" - an archaeology group given 3 days to dig sensitive sites all over Europe but mostly in Britain. I really enjoyed the dig at Windsor castle!! And another old series, "Under the Hammer" where often old, derelict or run down buildings - mostly flats & row houses - are auctioned off. The show follows the 
buyers & buildings - just what do you do with an old public toilet with no parking - as they're brought up to modern standards. I really like British TV. Lots of educational programs & gritty detectives on the loose too.

On The Needles - one re-knit sock finished - I tore it back to the heel & one still on the needles - I had to tear the second one back to the heel but lost a stitch & ended up tearing back the entire heel as well. Oh well, I have the cuff intact .    .    .    .  Frankly, if I'd torn back this one first, I'd've tossed the pair out!! But I didn't & have one sock finished so - sigh - back to knitting.

Nothing else on the go at the moment - I'm in the middle of a data entry job with a new, very small keyboard - I hate this keyboard!!!! I can't spell & miss all the punctuation!! I think I'm going back to the store with this one & getting a bigger one. I prefer the big, split keyboard & think it's easier on sore hands & wrists. This thing crowds me all the time.



1 comment:

Louisa said...

I have a wee keyboard for my iPad that took awhile to get used to typing on. But I also have very small hands that probably makes it easier. My big desktop has a bigger one but now I can’t type well on it because I’m out of practice! I used to have a curved ergonomic one and I loved that best but it died a sad death. My 2 cents: if you’re gonna do lots of data entry get yourself a good keyboard or your hands will regret it!