Saturday, November 10, 2018

I Can Afford a Coffee

My dentistry is all finished for this year!! I now have TWO gold teeth. Well, mostly gold teeth because all the healthy tooth parts are still there with gold filling all the missing or filled portions. It's cheaper & lasts longer says my Dentist who likes to work with gold. It also costs LESS that porcelain & works better for clenchers & grinders like me. My kind usually don't get ulcers, we destroy our teeth & give ourselves painful necks, shoulders & jaws instead. And the bill??? It was horrendous but turned out to be about a third LESS than the quote. With any luck, I can pay it off just about the time I'm due back for the next cleaning .    .    .    .   

It's a beautiful day outside!! Time to drink a coffee in the sunshine & work on my second scrappy torn back sock for an hour. This pair is really interesting. Only the cuffs to the start of the heels match - the only part that sticks out of the shoe - because I tore out all the purple in both of them. And I guess I'll be fixing a couple more pairs as well. While going through the socks this morning, I found two more socks with toe holes. At least these are old socks. I remember buying the yarn from Red Bird Knits on-line at least 10 years ago before we had yarn stores everywhere!!! It might even be longer than that because Gail & I were knitting at Esquires - now a liquor store - in Fleetwood.  And instead of darning the toes, I think I'll just knit new toes in some contrasting yarn since the holes are so close to the end of the foot.


No comments: