Sunday, March 03, 2019

There's a Vacancy in Quesnel

With four months to move, the fun is already starting. I've had two 'helpful' male friends call & suggest ridiculous things. One spotted a listing in Quesnel - yup about a 9 hour drive north - cafe,  small apartment building, 5 cabins, two bay garage on the side of the highway. I could take my pick  & rent out the rest!!! as long as he gets the garage .  .  .  .   The other suggested I relocate to Sparwood - I think that's about 8 hours east through the mountains just above the US border. He could use a bookkeeper. Meanwhile, I haven't even glanced at a listing yet, at least not until I sort through some of the junk in my basement. Oh, did I mention it's Tax Time???

My Ex took me to lunch yesterday at our favorite Chinese cafe. He wants his taxes done too. He's been undergoing more tests since his red blood count is low again. The doctor suggested it may be a poor diet that's causing the problems since they can't find any other reasons for the fluctuation. He doesn't cook but makes do with a hot plate & microwave to warm stuff up. He said maybe I should move back & do the cooking  .   .   .   .  but  it's a pretty small house with stairs to get in, stairs to the bedroom & stairs out to the back where the clothes line & freezer is. The fridge & stove need hauling away & the dryer isn't hooked up. I'd still have to climb over a tub to shower & he turned the living room into a gym. Gee, maybe we both should move! I should get the 'Got JUNK' folks to haul away the big stuff for him anyway just to get it off his mind.

Back on the Needles - I cast on another sock!! Isn't that amazing?? Well, I found some Kroy in a muted rainbow. It matches how I feel these days. A muted Rainbow. I'm not depressed or elated or miserable & neither is my sock yarn. I guess you could say it's cautiously optimistic yarn. It's 4 ply but feels lighter .  .  .  .   Since most of my yarn/fibre is already in bins, I'm almost packed!!

No comments: