Monday, January 13, 2020

Baby It's Cold Outside

Brrrrr - wrapped in my fuchsia wool sweater this AM after spending the night as a fleecy burrito. I did not want to get up!! It's not normally this cold in January & the February snow is early. The last couple of weeks have gone by so fast that I'm not even sure what happened!! I tried dealing with all the paperwork a death produces but gave it all over to my Legal Assistant when my blood pressure went up to 151/79. Although I felt that I could DO it because I needed to be busy, I was wrong. I didn't want to end up in the hospital, gave in & ended up sleeping for a couple of days .  .  .  .  My blood pressure went down 20 points. A couple of friends have been taking me out for coffee. I've made some plans, met an friend's new fiance - lovely gal - & even done some bookkeeping work! My blood pressure went down another 10 points!! The Techie boys said they'd move me & anything I wanted to toss any time. Little Ron is setting up a Bargain Bin to sell what he can. And I have to get out & find a handicap apartment.

I can't stay in the house on my own. There's too many things to fix & too many jobs I'm not able to do. I need an accessible shower & bedroom. Marlow tiled all the floors to make cleaning easier when he had dogs but the slight uneveness makes me trip. I probably could stay for a while since I got the toilet flushing & the washer washing but what do I do about the leak in the back of the kitchen roof. And some of my stuff is in the garage next to my freezer, down 4 stairs where I can't take my oxygen. My best choice is an apartment with no stairs, laundry in the suite, a walk-in shower with bars & parking close by. It will be nice to set up my sewing machine & serger once more & spend my time knitting & spinning.

I've tried NOT to be a feeble gimp & do everything I can for myself but realized on Saturday just how feeble I really am when I tried to get into a Tim Horton's in that wind storm we had. I got myself & George, my O2 tank on wheels out of the car & had ONE step up to the sidewalk. As I stepped up, the wind caught me & I teetered & almost fell. Luckily a man grabbed my elbow & hauled me onto the sidewalk while his son held the door. It was a close call!! 

So, once I get all the legal stuff out of the way, I'll be looking for an accessible apartment. I want an electric bed - the kind where you can raise the head & the knees like a hospital bed!! And a big comfy chair that helps me get up. And a small island or nook so I can sit while I chop & mix. I love my Kobo for reading but I think I'm also going to get a tablet for all my knitting patterns & pdf booklets.


Knitting content - nada. Although - I froze in all that cold wind on Saturday so I've cast on some grey handspun to make a hat. Hoodies are okay but hats are better!!



1 comment:

Sue said...

I hope you get everything sorted and settled soon.