Saturday, January 18, 2020

It Snowed Again

Goth Kitty Socks
When I knit my fuchsia sweater about 11 years ago, I was snowed in in my old basement apartment because the alley I fronted on was two feet deep of snow. Only the main street - where the bus ran - ever got plowed. This time around, my whole yard is over two feet deep, so is the street & every other street in this part of town. We never get plowed unless a neighbor plows his way in & out. Where are all the trucks with blades???? My neighbor tried shoveling a path from the ramp to my car every day but I told him to stop. Ain't no way  someone who's a bit wobbly can haul herself & an O2 bottle in a cart around in snow drifts. And even if I did something that stupid, what could I say when I broke something falling on ice??? So I stayed home & made soup. I am so happy the government puts my checks in the bank for me. I can pay my bills & shop from home in my jammies in a snow storm. I am sick of my own company though & am hoping for a big rain storm to wash it off the roads so I can get out for a coffee .  .  .  .  . Oh yeah, I have ONE can of cat food left & half a small bag of crunchies.  The weatherman is promising SUN to melt it away but I never trust any man who shows that many teeth when he smiles!

Knitting - funny thing about that, I've not picked up anything to work on with all this snow. I am showing a shot of the socks I'm wearing today instead!!!
I got my nose into a jigsaw puzzle. It's a picture of a spice market with a ton of bowls & baskets of spices - with only a little picture in the corner of the box. And it has 1200 pieces.




No comments: