Monday, July 26, 2021

A Sock on the Needles


 At last, I have a sock on the needles! I can see all the stitches once more - as long as I have good light. I found a bag in the bottom of one of my baskets with several balls of my favorite KROY sock yarn. I couldn't help myself & cast-on for a new sock. It's like crack, you know, socks just do it for me. They're small, easy - I have the formula in my head - and they're done before I get bored. My only problem with them is the formula in my head, it interferes with other patterns & styles when I try to vary my method, so, most of the time I don't. I just buy wild sock yarn instead! At one time, I had 26 pairs of the craziest socks in my basket & all of them from the same pattern in MY size. And I wore them all because it was cold in my basement with cement floors! And I wore them every day. 

So I cast-on using one of my favorite yarns too - Patons KROY. I'm using the 3ply in an orangey/brown/purple which knits up into a sock that's reminiscent of Mexico & the desert. Kroy wears like iron & I get years of wear before I have to darn them. I haven't decided whether this pair will go into my drawer or into the gift basket but I'll decide later. When I get my hands back in practice, I have some gloves to tackle. I printed off the pattern from Knitty a while back & really want to make a pair for myself. Gloves on the bias with no yarn breaks, who could resist that?



No comments: