Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Out of Storage


I've been
a little more ambitious since the dreadful heat wave stopped. It actually rained a little too - enough so I had to hurry down the ramp to close my car windows. I had them open a half inch or so to keep the heat from blowing out a window since I have a dark interior. You haven't lived till you've gone out in a hurry to get somewhere only to find your side windows or windshield laying on the ground in a million pieces. I even found my portable radio melted to my dash one time!

Anyway, as I said, I've been a little more ambitious with cooler weather. All my stuff has exited the storage unit. The best part is that it's all here in the big back bedroom!! I intend to go through it & get rid of what I won't ever use again.  Found my stash of silk hankies already!! And all my bins of spinning & knitting materials - my books, I have missed the books especially!! I really want to get back to knitting - I need a winter cardigan because the house gets draughty without the wood stove going. I love knitted facecloths so I've already finished one big washcloth for myself - I love to make them about a foot square - in variegated Lime. I bought a dozen cones of crafter cotton when it was on sale several years ago & it's been in a bin ever since. Another item I want to finish sometime this year is the greys & blues afghan I started many years ago for the old BoyToy.
It was always supposed to go on his couch in the new basement apartment but he became a bit of a shit so I put it away & never finished it. I fully intended to add a nice big red strip to it with a navy outer strip but I may just finish it off in the same colors I started with & give it away just to get it out of the bin. It's too dull for me!!

Now if I can get my head out of the bins, maybe I'll get some dishes washed & kitchen stuff sorted too. Although I brought my kitchen cleaver with me, I forgot so many other things like my box grater & wok lid.

No comments: