Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Bugs



Been on the sick list
for the last few days in the latest heat wave. Someone said it was close to 40c on Friday but I spent all my time in my chair in front of the fan set on 'Hurricane'. I was coming down with some ugly intestinal bug - where do these things come from when you don't see anyone most of the time???? My buddy Little Ron, has it too & we haven't even had a coffee together in at least two weeks!! Craziness! Good thing Mike is away camping. 

Since the most ambitious thing I've done is put on my shoes this week, I have no new knitting to report other than a new washcloth on the needles & a second sock started, barely started .  .  .  I've had my nose mostly in the books that've been in storage for two years. I finally tossed my ratty old purple sweater - I know I bought the yarn on sale in the late 70s in three shades of purple & knit two sweaters, a scarf & touques in the beginning. I recycled the yarn at least twice to end up with the final sweater that I wore for years in my cold basement. Whenever I took it off, the cat would claim it so it had some pulls in it as well as thin elbows so I stuffed it in a box finally, for the cat. I loved that sweater. Knit top down with a round yoke & long sleeves. I should knit another in the same pattern!!


1 comment:

Cathy said...

Nice to hear that you are feeling well enough to at least do a dishcloth and read . Hope for you this is an upward trend .