Thursday, August 19, 2021

On the Mend


 
I'm not ready to go shopping but today I actually got up, got dressed in outside clothes & put my shoes on. It's been a miserable week & a bit but I think I'll live, bless the gods of Imodium. Still a little wobbly but the lights are on .  .  .   I believe I've even lost a little weight, the hard way. Something to be grateful for, I suppose. And I think I can even get a pot of soup going - I know it should be something creamy & light but I want something that tastes good like Italian soup. Can of diced tomatoes, two cans of water, one onion soup mix, one package of Tofurkey Italian sausages - no meat & let simmer all afternoon. The smell of the simmering soup will knock your socks off!! I usually add a handful of dried tortellini close to the end & then toss in a bag of spinach or a couple of cups of zucchini just before serving with the heat off & the lid on for 5 minutes or so. It's soooo good & so easy to make. 

I ended up driving to my favorite cafe for grilled cheese & soup to go for lunch because I wanted a coffee so badly - it's been a week since I had one. It was lovely - a large coffee with FOUR milks. I suspect there was more milk in it than coffee .  .  .  Tomorrow, I'll make Italian soup if there's no consequences from today's adventure, chicken soup if there is.

No knitting going on, been too miserable. Not one sock row! But my second lime washcloth is growing rapidly. And I've been checking out all the PLY magazines I bought but never got to read before they got packed into a box. It's like Christmas! The one about Woolen spinning made me long to spin once more. Who knows, maybe I'll do that while the soup simmers .  .  .  .


No comments: