Wednesday, August 25, 2021

The Dawg Days



It's been a good week
since I recovered from my bout of whatever that was. The heat wave has stopped, a little rain came & went & everything in my yard is green once again. If I'm here next year, I intend to get down to the lawn level & trim the bushes back. Maybe I can get some wildflower seeds scattered too. I love the little forget-me-nots peeping out from between the driveway stones.

Haven't accomplished much this week since I've been looking in all the bins & boxes that've been in storage for two years. I think I could stock a small shop easily with all the stuff I have! It's kind of amazing having it all in one room! All my sewing stuff is there in bins too. No closets to hide any of it either. And then there's all that Briggs & Little I ordered last year to add to it. I've hung all the skeins outside all spring & summer to blow all the dust & vm out of them. I hope to knit the B&G this winter - I have two patterns from Kate Davies to choose from - St Catherines or Carbeth. Both bought with my niece in mind. I have a couple of cardigans in mind for myself too - this house is too draughty NOT to wear one in the winter without the woodstove lit! My cardis are easy to knit since I use a simple top-down method from Cabin Fever. I just have to get toit. LOL

My shopper Mike came back from camping with freestone Peaches!! I confess to eating three of them for lunch on the day I got them. And then he showed up just before supper with two bags of Bing cherries!! Six bucks a pound!! BUT worth every bite!!! I think I ate two pounds before bed .  .  .  I suspect they were the last delightful nuggets of the season.

So, there's lots to do right now. I don't think I'll unpack all my bins right away. I think I'll find what I want/need for the kitchen ASAP & worry about the rest later. I really want my serger & sewing machine set up on a table but I think I'll mainly knit for the winter. I already have two pairs of socks promised & a cardi for myself. Washcloths on the needles for myself already & maybe a few extra for Mike for Christmas too. Yes, Virginia, it's on the horizon. Back to school, Hallowe'en, Turkey advertising & then the pre-season sales before the middle of October! Be warned.


No comments: