Sunday, December 05, 2021

All By Myself . . . .


The donut has solved
my breathing problems for the moment. It's a little nastier to use - inhale white dust directly instead of in a mist - but it works much better. My blood oxygen is much higher resting & returns to higher numbers faster after exercise. Surprise, surprise. I have to learn to realize what a 'breathing emergency' is a lot sooner it seems. 

Still not that steady on my feet but I am standing & cooking more than I used to. And frankly, it is soup & stew season, don't you agree??? A couple of days ago I made Italian Soup - a favorite of mine with diced tomatoes, onion soup mix & Tofurky Italian sausage with a handful of tortellini in it & four cups of chopped zucchini at the end. Deeelicious! This morning, I tossed a package of chicken drumsticks into the pot with some baby carrots, small red potatoes, parsnips, cabbage, garlic, coarsely chopped onions & just a smidge of concentrated chicken broth. I let it simmer until the chicken fell off of the bones! I think there's enough for three meals. It's also very tasty. 

Haven't been able to go out that often lately since it's been so wet. By the time I get down the ramp with the O2 machine in tow, get the machine in the back seat & belted in & get myself in the front, I'm wet. Dumping the garbage as well ensures I'm really soaked! So, I haven't bothered going out much. And when I do, I'm running through the raindrops to the nearest drive-thru for a coffee & muffin. I live an exciting life.

So, since I'm stuck at home, I got Mike to find a box with my knitting books in it. It's crazy but I have years & years of Interweave Knits, Cast On & Knitters etc & I can't find much that I like. Ditto with the Knitting books. Maybe I'm just too old for them now. I really prefer to knit from the top down in the "Cabin Fever" style. One piece from the top, try on as you go to make sure it fits. Kimono style also suits me & is excellent to show off handspun. I did spin up several shades of Purple into multiple skeins & which all lived in a big basket in my old living room - just have to find it all .  .  .  .  . And I wonder where all my leftover sock yarns are. I had three shopping bags full for 'scrappy' socks. I soooooo wish I'd been able to pack my stuff myself!!

 


No comments: