Thursday, December 23, 2021

It's almost Christmas



Here we are
, another year end, another Christmas with the pandemic surging out of control. I and my little bubble are doing okay, we're all warm, well fed & solitary mostly. None of us is cooking turkey for anyone, including ourselves, but that's okay because it's no different than last year. I have enough canned goods to feed me & the cat for months!!

Got my third Covid shot on Tuesday! Holy crap, was that place busy!! It didn't help that our Covid centre is on the side of a main shopping mall & it's a few days before Christmas . . . . . trying to get a handicapped parking spot or any spot at the door meant waiting for a half hour! I didn't think when I booked my appointment, that's for sure. And this time around, I've had a hot, sore arm for two days too. Guess my anti-bodies are armed & ready for bear! But it's done & I don't have to go anywhere until the middle of January.

And what am I doing for Christmas?? I shall enjoy the blessed aloneness of the day. I may make a big pot of Italian soup. I downloaded a couple of  audiobooks & will listen while I knit, work a jigsaw puzzle or peruse the latest PLY magazines I also downloaded. I shall continue to work on several cones of crafter's cotton that I ordered a while back to make large washcloths for Christmas this year & have managed to churn out at least three for everyone except me. I try to make them at least a square foot so they hold a lot of soapy water. I hate trying to scrub feet with teensy little cloths! They make great dish cloths but I prefer to use them in the shower. The men in my life appear to love them. Gotta be nice to them since they take out my garbage cans & mow my lawns! I will now have the time to knit several for me. And maybe even a laundry bag as well. Oh, & maybe, just maybe, I might knit myself a hat. 

 

No comments: