Friday, October 28, 2022

On The Road Again



I sure surprised the gang
at my favorite little cafe on Wednesday!! I got myself into my car, drove down & parked in front to order lunch to go! I didn't go in because  that damn Mike left the driver's window down an inch or so & the seat was soaking wet. I found out when I sat down & got MY seat wet. But I was in & ready for a nice chicken wrap & coffee, so I went. 

I took my lunch to the park & ate it in the car while parked under the trees - it was wonderful. I think the sun even came out & shone down on me for an hour. Woohoo, back in the saddle again! Good thing because I have a Dentist appointment tomorrow .  .  .  .  

And then, I have to make another appointment to see my doctor & arrange to get my flu shot & my next Covid vax. 

Mike has filled my fridge with goodies before he goes off for the weekend & I intend to get the soup pot going once more. Made Chicken Corn Chowder last week which was excellent but this weekend, I want a tomato based soup with root veggies & Tortellini for a change. Soup is so much fun this time of year!

Knitting - no knitting but lots of crochet for the past couple of days. My favorite old Log Cabin wool blanket was attacked by moths. I used it as is & made the holes bigger last winter. When I got it out for this winter - I cover my sore knees when I sit in the recliner - the holes bugged me. So, I've been crocheting patches for the holes. I couldn't find a big needle to sew them so I got out a medium crochet hook instead. They aren't pretty but they work.

No comments: