Monday, October 31, 2022

When it Rains it Pours


 Sunday morning .  .  .  did intend to go off to Mcdonald's & sit under the trees with my ebook & eat sausage Mcmuffins today but it's pouring out there. Not only is it pouring but it's really pouring! Not many people are aware of how long it takes to back down a ramp with an O2 tank on wheels, pack it into the back seat of the car, tie it securely & then get into the front seat of the car with a bag & keys. I wear hoodies a lot so I have a pocket for keys & wallet for easier access but it still takes time getting in & out. In the pouring rain I get soaked, since I can't move fast enough to dodge many raindrops. I missed the whole dry summer reading under the trees while my knees healed, sigh. The knees are better but the right little finger is disgustingly painful .  .  .  do you know how often you NEED that finger??? But, I don't care, gonna drive to it anyway, unless it's raining buckets.

I hope it is NOT raining buckets tomorrow since I have booked a time for my Covid booster - #4 - & a flu shot. I took the chance of getting one of TWO only handicapped parking spots in front of the Injection Centre since I don't have to walk too far. A lot of the other sites have a long walk in & out which is just too much for me right now. I have only been back on the road for a week!! Hopefully, I will get one of the parking spots. Hell, I'll just sit there blocking the road until I do!! Why did they stop the drive thru injections???

I've been a lot more ready to fight since the Respiratory Therapist came & increased my in-house oxygen. My new little compressor is now pumping twice the air I breathe as I move around the house & it has made a big difference to me. I can actually stand at the stove long enough to fry an egg! I can go to the bathroom from the livingroom & get a hot drink in the kitchen on my way back without having to sit down. And that damned laryngitis I had for a month is now gone. I am shocked. Apparently one of the indicators of low O2 is laryngitis!! Who knew??


There's a lot more kids on the block than we used to have so this year, I prepared for Hallowe'en & ordered yard-long fruity rollups! I figured it was the least offensive treat for kids. I am not decorating or carving a pumpkin. There's only a half dozen kids more or less which is 6 more than I've ever seen before but  I'm prepared. Someone, a block closer to the school, has the whole house & fence covered in black with filmy cobwebby stuff stuck to it. THINGS hang from trees & peek out of the hedge. I've seen a boney hand sticking through the bushes as I drove by. There's even something making weird noises. It must be terrifying to go there after dark!!

Knitting - started a cap in Trinity stitch - popcorn stitch - but my sore little finger keeps getting in the way .  .  .  not sure if I can knit until this is a little less painful but I intend to keep trying. Might attempt the top-down simple cardigan instead since there's no fancy stitch to bother my finger. 

 


No comments: