Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Bright, Sunshine & Cold

 Woke up to a beautiful day outside. I wanted to hop in the car & go for a Big Breakfast somewhere with fried real potatoes, poached eggs & rye toast dripping with butter .  .  .  .  somewhere with good coffee in big mugs too. It was only a dream of course, @ 5AM, those places aren't accessible for me or have no handicapped parking. Or they're just too far away for me to drive to right now! 

I do have several drive thru options & a little work cafe which delivers to my car. Mcdonald's isn't too bad since I just go thru the drive-thru & back in under the trees to read & munch. The coffee is really good & comes in BIG cups. The Wifi is excellent so I can download the latest ebooks from my collection - right now I'm rereading all the Ava Lee series from Ian Hamilton - & I really DO like the Sausage Mcmuffin. But even they don't make up for the lack of fried real potatoes & poached eggs! LOL

Yesterday I made a huge pot of Italian Soup & tossed in a whole family style package of baby spinach at the end! I do Love a good thick soup when it's cold outside & nothing's easier than home made soup that cooks itself on the back burner all day. I keep a good stock of canned things like diced tomatoes, beans & fish & always have sweet potatoes, cabbage, onions, carrots as well as jars & jars of dried grains, pastas, legumes & flakes. Yes, everyone, my depression era mother lives in me. As long as I have power, I can eat & drink hot food. I do miss the old wood stove though, you didn't need power to stay warm, fed & comfortable. But I'm too handicapped to haul in wood these days. Still, Italian soup will be very tasty tonight!!

Knitting - it was a little cool outside today for any clothes I have so it's time to break out the Briggs & Little Heritage yarn - the worsted weight - and make an real outdoor cardigan. It's too cold out there today for my heavy cotton hoodie! I've been working with the singles boot sock weight - more than a sock yarn but not a sport weight - to make a hat, gauntlets & a capelet that covers the shoulders & upper arms. Working slowly I might add because my damned right little finger is incredibly sore!!

No comments: