Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Lost in Time


Well, wasn't that a party???
Must've been a hellova party because I don't remember it! I'm not sure what happened to the last couple of weeks but I survived. My day-in-the-chair turned into more than one. Got this terribly sore throat, nagging cough, general weakness, sore knees & hands & stickiness. I felt like I was a balloon full of goo. Problems breathing. Problems swallowing. Problems keeping my eyes dry. Drank & drank & drank. Coughed up half a lung of sticky something or other too. My buddy little Ron woke up with a version of it the day after he brought me coffee. He tested Positive for Covid while I did not. We both isolated anyway.

I managed TWO Dental appointments in the last two weeks. One before I got sick & one last Saturday. Since I was still negative, feeling better & had no fever, they took me in. First cleaning in two years!! And I'm getting that broken molar fixed. I broke it when I fell in March but couldn't/didn't get it fixed because it didn't hurt. And I wasn't driving. Sold my husband's old motorcycles to pay for a gold tooth!! Wouldn't he be pissed .  .  .  .

The Cat & my hand are both progressing nicely. I am not petting the cat. I look for her in the mornings & evenings, most of the time she's around looking for canned food, occasionally she stays in at the back of the kitchen but mostly she heads out the door when she's full. This last week she's taken to sitting next to my legs while I'm on the computer but I'm not petting her. I have permanent nerve damage in the finger - it tingles like it's going to sleep, it's painful & it doesn't bend all the way. Good thing it's a little finger!  I feed her & let her come in because I have mice again. One furry devil has been quietly eating my gourmet popcorn through it's heavy-duty, resealable bag!!! 

Meanwhile, I have been out. I got a couple of lunches, a couple of coffees, missed the Starbucks Christmas Cup again - I don't know why I even bother anymore!! But, I don't have a lot of stamina yet. An outting today costs me tomorrow. I can't go two days in a row yet. Hopefully, by the end of the year, I'll be able to go every day if I want!

Knitting - no knitting but lots of winding. I think making balls out of skeins is the job I hate most in the world except for washing dishes. Yes, I know there are skein winders & I even bought one once .  .  .  .  but it's difficult to do when you're sitting for most of it. I have dreams of pulleys & fixed links feeding across the room & back to my ball winder but Mike is too busy to build it right now .  .  .  . 


No comments: