Tuesday, December 06, 2022

I'll take a Snow Day


Vancouver & the Lower Mainland
had the first snow of the season this past week. What a Zoo!! We don't get snow often enough to give most people
 much experience with the stuff - especially our immigrant population. Living in the Canadian Riviera doesn't give the native gang much experience either, but at least we know enough to prepare for the worst! I've been caught in it when I had to commute & it was a bugger back in the days before cell phones. I remember fighting my way across town to get home & finding the last bridge closed. I could almost see my home across the river but I was stuck in line on the other side .  .  .  .  

Now, of course, I can't go out when it snows. I'm too wobbly & my oxygen equipment doesn't come with Tundra Tires. I just stay in, make soup or mac & cheese & listen to an audiobook with the Burning Log on the TV. That log is wonderful! I swear I can just get a whiff of wood smoke every now & then but I wish it gave off a little heat as well. Too bad we can't just get a lovely evening of snowflakes like that log, snow that sticks to grass & trees but not roads. 



Needless to say,
I haven't been out since the snow started & I wasn't out much before that - too much rain for me. My buddies brought coffee to me! So, the two weeks before Christmas should be fun. I now have three medical appointments & a Dentist just before. The Clinic Doc insisted I come in before Christmas & they're now so busy I can't get in till the 23rd! At least they're not in a mall .  .  .  .

Knitting - I miss my grubby old purple cardi that got tossed to the cat a couple of years ago! I'm still winding good old Briggs & Little into balls. I bought two boxes of the singles yarn at a big sale but the stuff sticks to itself & doesn't wind easily. It DOES wear like iron & if not moth proof it doesn't run & make big holes if something takes a bite. I have my pattern & my yarn. I just wanted the lighter version . . .

No comments: