Friday, December 16, 2022

A Foggy Night


It was a dark & foggy night
when my cat howled at the door. I didn't want to get out of my nice, warm nest to let her in, but I did anyway because she was making a horrible noise. And went back to bed. Her dish was full of crunchies & I was still tired. Must've gone back to sleep but it was still dark when there was a hellova lot of noise in the back of the kitchen! I heard actual squeeks. No way was I getting in the middle of that! And pulled the blankie over my head & went back to sleep .  .  .  .

This morning I found TWO mice laying by the back door. Fat, grey mice, too. They should be since they've been living off my Gourmet Popcorn which came in a heavy duty, ziplocked, plastic bag - one more crappy use of plastic!! The new Gourmet Popcorn lives in a glass canning jar. And that's why I get out of bed for the feral cat.



No comments: