Friday, December 16, 2022

Another Appointment


 Two medical appointments down & one to go. Had an early Dental one this A.M. Not happy about the time! 11:00 is a bit early for me in the winter & it takes longer to get up & out. Today was a mess from the beginning .  .  .  too cold for light sweater, too warm for heavy sweatshirt. Couldn't get my socks on - the right knee wouldn't cooperate so I had to go in my slide-on slippers after trying to get shoes on the same foot without socks. I forgot to comb my hair. Decided at the last minute I needed to change the O2 cylinder to make sure I had enough air if the appointment ran over. The inside of my windows AND the outsides were frosted. And the Dentist's office called just one more time to see if I was coming. I yelled. By the time I left, my breathing was not good & I was mad as hell. I almost went back home. But, I went the back roads & pulled up just 3 minutes before my appointment. And I survived the session, came away with a new temporary molar & apologized for my bad behavior. Got myself a lovely hot chicken Caesar salad on the way home as a reward for the struggle.

Sat outside in the sunshine for a half hour before picking up my brunch & enjoyed it. I don't get out into sunshine much these days & that's a pity. Must do it more often. 

So after my awful morning, I managed to get out of the car, up the ramp, into the house with my lunch & into my recliner with a huge glass of cold cold water - we have the best water in the world here in the burbs - & promptly fell asleep. I had exhausted myself with my trip out - again. I don't have a lot of stamina after spending the last couple of years at home. So, now, I'm just a blob of goo. But I intend to go out as much as I can until I can't anymore. Maybe I'll try for a coffee tomorrow .  .  . 

No comments: