Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Let it Snow

 Another snow day! Looks like we might have a White Christmas this year! All I know is I'll be canceling my Doctor's appointment at the Clinic tomorrow since there's no way I'll be out in the snow we have right now, nevermind the next dump expected on Thursday. I think I have at least 10 inches on the porch right now & it's still snowing. Mike was here with a bag of groceries on Sunday & dug a path down my ramp, around my car & behind to the road so I could get out if I wanted. But we've got more snow on top of the old snow which should warn people who drag oxygen tanks behind them to stay home. So I shall do so. Even the feral cat prefers to stay inside. It's so quiet out there .  .  . 

As long as I have power, I have lots to cook & tea to drink. I don't have candy, cookies, cake or turkey but I do have Triscuts, cheese, canned meat & fish to party with. I can download a couple of Audiobooks - Murders? Mystery? Sex?? or SciFi? or curl up with a couple of new e-books.

Knitting - yes! I've started a new winter cardi for myself!! Just a plain top-down so far with a little fanciness around the raglan increases. Haven't decided if I want a little more of it up the fronts & around the cuffs. Too soon to decide. But, I'm on my way.

New books - Saltwater Classics & Saltwater Gifts by C Legrow & S Scott. I'm a real sucker for books with patterns & stories about the patterns. I think I enjoyed the history & stories of Newfoundland even more than the patterns! Good books. I recommend them both.

No comments: