Monday, November 14, 2022

Sunday in the Sunshine

Another beautiful, sunny day on the Wet Coast. I didn't go out yesterday because I just felt crappy with a horrible sore throat & headache. So, I stayed home in my jammies wrapped in old blanket with my book. My friend little Ron dropped in mid-afternoon, to my delight, with an XLcoffee from Mcdonald's. I'd been too shaky to carry the large pot to my stove to heat so I hadn't had a hot drink all day. I was really happy to sip hot, milky coffee from my cocoon! 

Today I feel a lot better, not so shaky & my throat is not as sore. So, I dressed early - for me that is - went out & got my own coffee at Mcdonald's. I sat in the sunshine at the back of the lot in my car & read my book for an hour or so before heading for home. I'm trying to get out every second day at the very least to build up my strength & endurance. My goal is to be able to shop at my local Chinese grocery once again. To buy roast pork, Udon noodles, baby bok choy & fish balls when I want! I'm looking forward to shopping for myself once more.

The cat was waiting for me when I came home today. She's back sleeping in the chair on the porch or on the ramp in the sunshine waiting for me to open the door & feed her. I'm actually glad to see her hanging around again because I think I've acquired a furry houseguest in her absence. Last night I distinctly heard it at the back of the kitchen! Where's a cat when you need one???

Knitting - not much knitting going on but lots of reading about knitting. I checked in on a blog I've followed for years which gets updated now & then. Funny how all the old bloggers have disappeared .  .  .  Anyway, this old time blogger made the Mr GreenJeans sweater from Knitty, I believe it was 2007ish. She made a couple of hacks to it waay back & has decided to make it once again. I love the extra buttons & the cinched in waist. I just wish I had the shape to wear it like she does!

No comments: