Saturday, July 08, 2023

Home for a Whole Week

 
It's been a whole week today since I got released from hospital! Not much has happened but a whole lot of changes have occurred. I'm steadier on my feet. I cooked chicken yesterday - a whole lot of chicken - but I'll get several meals from it. Mike is off this weekend with his camper & girlfriend to a mud crawl something, which is the last of the season. My friend Ron is down with some scourge that has him laid right out. My niece is moving so I'm on my own. I haven't told anyone but I have the sorest throat this morning & I'm sneezing up a storm. I figure it's allergies once more - at least I hope so - I do NOT want to get sick & wind up in the hospital again!!!

The doctors have sort of decided on my medication routine. No one has booked the mobile lab yet for my weekly blood test but I'm sure that's next. I've talked to three Pharmacists, two Doctors, a Nurse, the Oxygen Therapist & Oxygen Tech. I have an appointment with a Cardiologist in September & my Doctor is doing a house call in September. Whoopie, I am popular.

Meanwhile, I've finally sorted most of my email. What a ton of crap with a few nuggets of information. One of my friends sent me an email - he spends half the year in Cuba & has just returned. He has a lot of really good friends there & sponsors a baseball team! Last year he bought a little house because he loves Cuba so much. He spends 3 months at a time there & then comes home to work for three or four months. I don't think I've ever seen him happier in all the years I've known him. 

Craig Johnston sent me a message about the annual gathering to celebrate Walt Longmire. I'd love to go but it's too dry & dusty & I'd have to take an O2 truck with me .  .  .  In case you don't know, Walt Longmire is the Sheriff of Absaroka county in Wyoming. He's rough, tough, sensitive, & has his problems with alcohol & women. But he's well liked & admired by most people in the County, but not all of them. If you've ever seen the old  Rockford Files, put boots, jeans, guns, a Sheriff's badge, a ratty old  cowboy hat & a day's growth on James Garner & you'd have Walt Longmire. I've read all the books!

Spin Off & Ply magazine have been sending interesting messages about Gatherings. I never had the money to go when I was healthy & now that I can afford to go .  .  .  well, I'm not able, sigh. Do it when you're healthy folks, don't wait until you retire. 

Finally got my summer haircut the other day!!! After being in the hospital with ratty, dirty hair, I just had to get it cut. Dona will visit & cut it because I do her household's taxes. I now have a crew cut with a little extra on top. I can wash it in the sink with a face cloth. I can put a little gel in the top & spike it if I want. I love it.

Now if I can just get back to knitting & spinning.


No comments: