Tuesday, July 11, 2023

More Cooking


I ate chicken & veggies
for three days! I got mightily sick of chicken & dialed up Door Dash to bring me some Fish Pakoras & samosas. I love the fish! And then I made Italian Soup. Today for breakfast, I ate the last of it. Mike brought me Mexican Chipotle tofu sausages instead of the Spicy Italian ones but I used them anyhow. A large can of diced tomatoes, 2 cans of water, a package of Onion soup mix, fried garlic & dry red onions went into the pot with the sliced up Mexican sausages. I let it simmer all afternoon until it smelled wonderful before adding a half cup of large couscous. After 15 minutes, I tossed in three cups of diced zucchini, stirred it & turned off the heat. I let it stand for around 15 minutes to partially cook the zucchini & ate some. WOW. The Mexican sausage really spiced it up! I loved it. And ate it for two days .  .  .  

Hey, I'm surprised I have the energy to make anything!! And soup is good for you. hahaha  I think it's time for Fish Chowder! And I might start thinking about Stir Frying again. My O2 is into the 90s! Most of the time I'm between 94 & 96 percent! What a change. Now if I could just work the stiffness out of my legs in the mornings .  .  .  where's a damn hot tub when I could use one???

Other than cooking adventures, nothing much has changed. I still haven't had my blood test but I guess that's coming this week. Someone did call & try to set up an appointment for this morning at 7:30!!! Gad! But they had the wrong address & mine was out of their district so I was off the hook.  At least they won't come earlier than 7:30, gasp. Not like the hospital where I'd been woken up before 6 for a blood test .  .  .  .

This morning was very chilly so tomorrow, I'm getting out the cardigan I started before the heat wave & getting back to work. I might even cast on for a new pair of socks. Knitting season will be here very shortly. 

No comments: