Thursday, October 26, 2023

Coming Up Roses

Things just keep getting better around here! Tuesday brought my new valve for my oxygen tanks. It's not only an upgrade from the one I had but it's also been upgraded a little too. It can go up to 6 on constant flow as well as 5 on the puff. My old Puff/Direct valve only went up to 5 on both which is why I ended up losing it when my Therapist decided I needed a level 6 direct flow to walk. I'm just happy to get my Puff back. And, additionally, just this morning, my Cardiologist said he'll see me in a year. Nothing's changed. Wow.

I'm also joining a new program to record my blood pressure, oxygen levels & a few other things - I'll find out what all next Friday when Telus hooks me up with the equipment. I'm a bit of a test run. It's designed to monitor my COPD & keep me out of the hospital. It all runs over an internet connection & all the equipment hooks up by Bluetooth to an iPad which talks to the monitoring station. I'm looking forward to it. I'm fairly stable but have difficulty defining when I'm having a 'crisis'. Apparently this will help. 

Knitting - I'm halfway through the first Mitred Square! I'd forgotten how simple they are to make. And they look gorgeous. I decided to use up my sock yarns to make them. I have enough yarn to make several blankets so what the heck. It's marinated for years so it's time to use it up before it goes bad. Right??

No comments: