Friday, October 20, 2023

I Had To Tell Someone

 I booked another evaluation with the Respiratory Technician for today. This morning!! I do hate mornings, especially when it's damp & cold, yeah, that's me whining again .  .  .  .  and I haven't exactly been at the top of my game this week, either. But, I asked for the same one who assessed me last time & upgraded - downgraded to me - my O2 equipment. I wanted my puffer valve back!!!!  I need more flexibility with my limited O2 supply!!! 

I don't know exactly what happened but I've improved since summer! We figure it's the BIPAP machine. Most of my problem is that I don't get rid of enough carbon dioxide when I exhale. The BIPAP has been forcing me to take deeper breaths which increases my oxygen levels & decreases my carbon dioxide. So, I can now function at lower rates of supplemental oxygen. I GET MY OLD VALVE BACK. My tank oxygen setting dropped - DROPPED - to 4 when driving or walking & can switch to the puffer setting when at rest, which gives me oxygen only when I inhale. So, now, I have no idea how long one of my tanks will last but it will be a hellova lot longer than 90ish minutes! I have to experiment but I bet I will have at least 2 hours on level 4 for a start!!! 

This means I can get my flu & Covid upgrade. I can go to my Railway cafe for lunch & maybe I can see the Dentist for a cleaning once more. Whoopeee

Knitting - no knitting at all since I've been wiped out for the last couple of days. If I sit in my chair, I fall asleep. But, I have moved two bins of sock yarn within reach so I can start sorting colors for the afghan. 


No comments: