Monday, October 02, 2023

Time Flies

Gad. Where has the time gone?
Mind you, I've had some sort of bug as well as a whole week of medical appointments in the middle of it. I have no idea how I managed to book three in one week. Craziness I guess. 

My sneezing & sore throat turned into a terrible headache with so much sneezing that my ribs hurt. My throat was almost too sore to swallow, my voice almost disappeared & every major joint hurt. And I was cold & hot but mostly cold. I drank a lot of liquid, ate hot brothy soup, swallowed a lot of Tylenol & slept. Days went by .  .  .  .  .  I ended up with phone appointments with my doctors because we all agreed I should stay home in bed. I woke up two days ago & realized my head & bones didn't hurt anymore. Wow. But I'm still cold. I guess I have to give in & turn on the furnace!

I have no idea how I got this bug but my pal Ron was sick too. He still feels bad but he had different symptoms so I'm not sure he shared it with me. Could it have arrived on a paper bag from Doordash?? I confess I ordered Wonton Soup a couple of times. Or did it hitch a ride on an Amazon delivery??? We'll never know. It seems the bugs find you even when you're hiding at home with limited contact with the world.

Knitting - yes, I have been knitting even though it isn't much or very important. I needed some cuffs to help keep my hands warm so I just made some with leftover sock yarn. They look like a sock top, just plain K2,P2 & about 4 inches long. I've been wearing them since the moment they came off the needles & wish I'd made them a couple of inches longer. I have a lovely skein of yarn called 'Frog Fight' - yes, it's a bright green with a few splotches of red & brown. I think it's going to be my next set of cuffs about 6 inches long. They should clash with everything I own.



No comments: