Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Thanksgiving is Over


 
Whatever bug I had is now completely gone. But I feel weaker & wobblier than ever. I suspect my driving days are over since I haven't been down the ramp & out of my house since the trip home from the last visit to the hospital in July. I'm still linked to these damn O2 tanks that last for 90ish minutes each & I need 2 of them to go anywhere at all. I successfully managed to avoid all offers of dinner this year although I'm hoping for some leftovers. A ham bone with plenty of meat still attached has been frozen for me & some turkey & gravy from another direction has also been offered. I just don't understand how people can refuse to eat leftovers these days but they're still out there!! Just think of the free Ham & Barley soup I can make, yummm 

Next Tuesday I'm off to JPH for an Echo-cardiogram. My new Cardiologist wants to see how I am since my last test in June when I was so sick. My heart was skipping a beat now & then before I went into hospital which led to big changes in medication. I haven't noticed any 'skips' in my heartbeat lately but I HAVE noticed my finger tendons don't lock up anymore & no more charley-horses in my calves with all the Potassium I'm taking!! Have you ever had to choke down those HUGE pills??? Not fun. 

A friend is taking me to my appointment since I'm not able to manage two tanks & the walker on my own. My tank cart or the walker will hold one tank each & I can't use them both at the same time! So, he will load everything, unload me & a cart into a wheelchair, take me to my sign-in point, make sure I'm plugged into hospital O2 - I hope & pick me up when I'm done. The appointment is 2 hours plus registration, waiting time & traveling time to & from .  .  .  .  that equals about 3 hours if nothing goes wrong or runs late. Each tank holds around 99 minutes more or less. Going without the second tank is a risk I don't want to take. 


Knitting - I've been digging through some of my bins of sock yarn this past week to remind myself of what I have. When I was working full time, I invested in yarn for retirement knowing I wouldn't have any extra money - so I bought a lot of it. I have everything from inexpensive tough Kroy - my favorite, Opal Rainforest, Noro Silk Garden, Regia's Arne & Carlos etc. I bought them for color since they're all essentially the same in the end. Like a Magpie, I'm attracted to bright colors & wild combos. But I don't think it's worth it to buy fancy yarns for socks, hats or mitts that get a lot of wear. I'm quite impressed by what I have!! And I'm seriously considering making myself an afghan out of the wildest colorways to keep me warm when I watch TV this winter instead of more socks that I can't get into .  .  .  . 

No comments: