Saturday, May 06, 2006

Oh for a weekend at a Spa . . . .

I need a manicure, a pedicure & a salt scrub . . . . .

Planted my first pansies out in one of my Patio pots today - seems the planted stuff in the big containers is relatively safe from the two legged scavengers but the squirrels will still dig up anything to make space for the peanuts some well-meaning neighbor gives them. My squirrels never eat the nuts, they just bury them in my pots & forget about them . . .
I found a clay strawberry pot at a garage sale some years back & have used it as a plant stand ever since - it dries out too much for strawberries, they like moist feet & dry tops!! So . . . this year, I'm planting it full of sedums & hen & chicks. I've noticed at least 5 varieties of hen & chicks around town & they multiply magnificently!!! I have three baskets of them at the moment so I've decided to fill the pot with them. Plant thieves - take that if you can carry it!!!!

I am about to inherit a couple of varieties of clematis from the BoyToy's mom. She doesn't like them!! HUH??? They provided a lovely HUGE display of flowers for the last two summers on the lattice of her back porch but she wants roses!! Roses??!! The woman is mad & I luck out! I intend to do what she did & put up a piece of plastic lattice on the post, plant them in a tub & let them grow everywhere - I may yet get some summer shade!!! I intend to buy one of those big plastic tubs with the rope handles - it'll weigh a ton & be immovable as long as its watered!!

On the needles - another pair of socks for me. I'm knitting short summer socks. This pair using the rest of the ball that I used for the last baby socks & then on to the mainly pink ball for more summer socks. Have been too busy to do much else but will be soon spinning outside in the evenings . . . . summer is on the way at last!!!

No comments: