Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New Batteries Make a Difference


I've had an education in batteries in the past couple of days. Seems the obsequeous digital camera has special needs when it comes to batteries! It absoluely, positively won't work with rechargables says the Guy who sold it to me. NOPE. NO WAY! Can't be, says me. Well, it DOES work for a couple of seconds on a newly charged, kickass GREEN battery! And I refuse to keep buying those 'Throw Away' batteries. So I got me some new NiMh Duracell rechargables to try. They cost a little more than the ordinary batteries but come with the charger!! And they work like a Hot Damn!!! Seeeeeeee - you CAN run a digital camera on rechargables! Now I can take photos again.

So the skein of Hybiscus merino is now in living color. I haven't got the color quite right - someday I'll learn about lighting - but it's close! And, yes, the picture is sideways . . . .



And my cotton/polyester fluff experiment?? Yeah, I took a pic of it too! This is the stuff the hairdresser tucks around your hairline when you're getting a perm.

The first sock of the year - still in production!!! this is knit from the Black Stonewash from ELANN in Richmond. I ordered a bag & 4 extra balls in Blue Stonewash & Black Stonewash. The BT doesn't like socks that're too colorful - hey, I got him out of WHITE socks!!! He prefers the blue or black splotchy Confetti but I thought he might like the Stonewash colors so I ordered them for him. If they're too colorful, his dad will grab them, that I know!!! I may just mention his dad to make him wear them . . . . .

Whew - I was working on the computer in PoCo when that wind just slammed into the building making all the lights flicker!! We thought at first that a truck had slammed into the building!!! Within minutes we could hear sirens & the lights at the corner - McLean & Kingsway - flew across the street as the wires came down with the next blast!!! We shut the place down & left early, hoping to avoid a major mess out there. I was lucky, only had the usual Bridge traffic jam & managed to get home safely with only one other intersection without power!!! I noticed the Port Mann bridge traffic backed up on the north side going west as usual. I've never figured that one out. The traffic jam should be on the south side going east at this time of day . . . .

No comments: