Sunday, January 28, 2007

I've been forced to move . . . .


I am now on the NEW Blog. I was forced to move today. I just hope everything is still in its place as on the OLD blog - I worked bloody hard to learn HTML to put those buttons in place . . . .

And speaking of moving - I think I've moved the BT OUT of the little roomette next door! One of our buddies offered his basement suite to me but it's a little too small for me & I'd have to fight for street parking so I turned it down. But, I suggested he talk to Ronn who lives in what was once the master bedroom of my suite. Its a VERY large double room with fridge, kitchenette(very ette) with a full size bathroom & two large storage closets. Ideal for a guy who's not home much but horrible when you're home a lot & the kids upstairs are fighting, jumping, screaming & swearing before & after school. The new spot has a large kitchen/sitting room with two small bright bedrooms against the side of a hill but there's laminate floors, a great patio area outside thats private, two other quiet techie guys living there & it comes with heat, light, cable, internet & laundry built in. Who could ask for more!! I'll miss him but he HAS promised to look after OUR cat when I go to spinning retreats . . . .


I've finished the second pair of socks for 2007. I ended up putting grey toes on them because I ran out of yarn - I only had one ball & a bit, but it really went a looooooong way. I do love that Confetti yarn!! It has great yardage & does fluff when washed the first time. And I think they turned out pretty darned good in the end.

Presenting - socks #3 - the heel increases are already done on one sock & the other is in progress - I'll probably put solid toes on these just to tone them down a little although I have one 11 year old who thinks they're wonderful!! I thought I was buying "manly" yarn from the internet photo at Elann but they're pretty busy & bright!!! They remind me of my first Regia pair in purples & greys. I suspect they'll get a solid grey or blue toe because its impossible to match that green.


I think I'm just about ready to swatch for my Arvik sweater. If all else fails, I'll knit a plain garter sweater all in one piece from the neck down on circs although I'm still in love with the garter sweater knit in three pieces from Knitter's magazine. My second favorite from Cast On magazine is nice too but knit in Kureyon which is much heavier than my handspun but who knows, it may work up into a similar gauge. Its all up to the gauge swatch. My big basket is full of Arvik skeins & balls plus there's another couple hanging on my skein rack so I may just have enough to get started, hahahahah My Arvik is really overshadowed by that great skein of Aurelia merino in Hibiscus isn't it?? Gawd how I love that color & may have to send for another bag just so I have TWO skeins on the rack to brighten the place up . . . . Gail thinks I should knit a shrug for spring in the merino but I think its just tooooo pretty to fiddle with. Dammit.

No comments: