Sunday, February 04, 2007



I've always wanted Purple Glasses



I know you think I'm nutz but I've always wanted purple glasses. Not just purple frames but purple lenses. When I was really young, I loved RED. Bright red, blue red, blood red, orange red - didn't matter, as long as it was red, I bought it, wore it, dyed my hair with it, RED. I loved purple in the same way but it wasn't easy to find in the way that red was. As I entered my late twenties, I realized PURPLE was actually my color but I'd buried it under all that RED. So I started wearing purple & shades of pink. I actually had glasses with purple tinted lenses but couldn't find purple frames anywhere. And, just last week I found my purple frames. They're a lovely blueish purple, translucent & small & make me look less bitchy than my black ones. My horoscope says that the bad luck that's been following me for the past 10 years is over & that 2007 is MY year to succeed if I get off my ass I go for it. I think my Purple glasses are a step in the right direction . . . . .

My ex retires at the end of this month. He hated being forced out of his job at 65 & fought to stay. He hated holidays, had no real hobbies other than home, garage & Volkswagon Bugs. His friends had mostly moved away or died & he didn't make new ones easily. So he had his work. But, lately he's been complaining a lot so he figured it was time to "Do the Dirty Deed" & just retire. I'm sure some of the younger men will cheer & throw a party when his full time shift comes up for grabs!! He asked f
or socks for his retirement present. Seems I haven't knit any for him in years - well, that's true but since he wears a size 13WWW shoe, it's not an easy job!! It takes 3 balls to knit a pair for him when it only takes 2 for anyone else. I've decided to knit them a little shorter on the leg & do the foot for as long as the ball will go & just finish off with solid color. He doesn't care what color they are - smart man!!!! And here's the first pair of Retirement Socks

2 comments:

Marlene said...

You can't write a post like that and then not SHOW the purple glasses being worn you know. It's not allowed.

Sharon in Surrey said...

The Purple Glasses need special lenses so I can see when I'm wearing them so stay tuned for the completion photo . . . .