Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Closet full of Empty

I was looking in my closet this morning & wondering where all my clothes have gone. I can't remember the last time I bought anything other than underwear or sweats - well, I did buy some wild, turquoise, floral cropped pants last summer but I don't have anything to wear with them so I guess they don't really count. I've been so busy knitting socks for everyone in the immediate family that I haven't done anything for myself. Ooops. Time to get out the sewing machine & serger! I know I have some bright fuschia cotton/lycra in one of my bins which would make terrific cropped pants & might even match that wild pink merino I spun up for a shrug.

The Retirement socks are finished. Both pairs. He retires on Friday. I'll take him out for breakfast & present his socks over coffee. God, wouldn't it be nice to be retiring?? To stay home with my spinning wheel, sewing machine & serger for a couple of months. To be able to go to all the retreats, sales & classes. Wow.

No comments: