Saturday, April 12, 2008

How the Time Flies . . .


I've been soooooo busy but not too busy to do a little shopping. I filled up my old van last week & the gas was still pumping after it hit $100. I freaked out, turned it off & got away from there as quickly as I could. I decided the Van Must Go. So I put the word out to all my buddies on Monday that I was in the market for something a little cheaper to feed. And I informed the Guy who wanted my Van that he better make space because I've filled it up for the very last time!! On Wednesday I looked at another Van but a smaller one - mmmmmm. On Thursday I called a bunch of guys on Craigslist. Had my eye on a Jetta or a Toyota. I tended to look at all the ones under $500 . . . . On Friday I went to see this Mazda & bought it on the spot. And dropped off the Van to the Guy - with most of a tank of gas. I should've driven the silly thing for another week or so till the gas was low but I found the Mazda. Oh well . . .



I also did some other shopping - I fell in love with this purple Marble yarn. Yeah, it's acrylic but I wanted acrylic for it's washability. I'm making the Wonderful Wallaby with this Marble -and suddenly everything I'm buying is some shade of purple. Dunno what's going on. Menopause??? While in the store slobbering over the Marble, I spotted this sock yarn in the bin - the dark parts are all deep purple!! Well, gee, it just got up & followed me home!! Honest to Gawd!!


And Gail, I went down to Knitopia before work today & put some money down on that Majacraft spinner I was admiring before I found another reason why I shouldn't. Now that I've got a smaller car, I really DO need a folding wheel!!

No comments: